SALARY: $96,251.19 - $112,493.58 Annually
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
This position is open until filled; however, to ensure consideration applications should be received by October 6, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
As one of the most highly regarded housing authorities in the United States, and the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest, KCHA continues to do excellent work toward achieving our vision.
Reaching for such an important goal means that we must have mission focused leaders, intent on moving the organization forward. The Authority has two exceptional opportunities for strong and seasoned professionals to join the organization as a Regional Manager for the North and Eastside regions.
The North Regional Manager will lead and manage the North team which is responsible for roughly 1,027 units in the north portions of King County. The North region is composed of various portfolios that are each managed by a property manager and support staff. The properties are located in Shoreline, Kenmore, Kirkland, and Sedro-Woolley.
The Eastside Regional Manager will lead and manage the Eastside team which is responsible for roughly 778 units in the north portions of King County. The Eastside region is composed of various portfolios that are each managed by a property manager and support staff. The properties are located in Bellevue, Redmond, and Renton.
The selected individuals will plan, direct, manage and review the work that is done in and around the properties in their designated region. Taking responsibility for managing a large staff and multiple properties and rental units in the region, the Regional Manager works with the Property Managers to review and assess property management, building and asset maintenance, leasing, and legal issues. Other work will include reviewing property staffing, budgets, and operational reporting as well as assisting in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures. When necessary, this role is responsible for approving terminations of resident tenancies.
As proven leaders with demonstrated skill in inspiring others, the Regional Manager will train, coach and direct property managers and office and maintenance staff. Working with and through others, they will ensure compliance with all applicable federal and local regulations.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in subsidized housing and/or property management at a Property Manager or higher level OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Supervisory experience and effective supervisory skills to include coaching and mentoring to support employees in achieving Authority and individual goals; demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership in a dynamic, highly regulated work environment.
- In depth knowledge of complex property management issues, trends, principles, practices, and/or other applicable regulated housing programs and Authority policies and procedures.
- Communicates plans and activities with leadership, colleagues, and subordinates in a manner that supports strategies for involvement and accomplishment of mission and outcomes; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages; strong presentation skills.
- Analyzes problems, identifies solutions, and articulates possibilities and recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Utilizes excellent time management and problem solving techniques, and use of professional judgment in complex situations.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive, collaborative manner.
- Values open-mindedness, inclusion, multicultural perspective and multiple ways of knowing, thinking, and being; helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity; values organizational diversity; treats others with respect; promotes cooperation.
- Strong level of knowledge with budget development, planning, analysis, and tracking.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Consent to and pass driver's and criminal record background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel between work sites as required. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range of this position is $96,251.19 - $112,493.58 annually. Performance based merit increase opportunities and COLAs are reviewed on an annual basis. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with frequent travel between work sites. Incumbents frequently use standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Regional Manager (Two Positions) - North Region & Eastside Region | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)