SALARY: $22.86 - $26.29 Hourly
CLOSING DATE: 10/28/21 04:30 PM
Are you looking for more than just a job? Looking for an opportunity to be passionate about what you do while providing resources to your community? Do you have great attention to detail and enjoy providing exceptional customer service? And are you someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment? If so, this position may be for you!
King County Housing Authority is currently recruiting for a dedicated mission driven individual to fill our Property Specialist position to support our Valli Kee portfolio in Kent, Washington. The successful candidate will be providing customer service and administrative support. The Property Specialist is a key role in the housing program. We are looking for an individual that enjoys working with people, can multi-task and will thrive in a role performed onsite at the housing properties. The work will include a variety of assignments including working with diverse tenants, tenant file processing and administrative and office support functions.
The successful candidate will be:
- Assisting a vibrantly diverse tenant and applicant population by answering questions; taking complaints and/or requests for work orders; and referring people as necessary based on individual issues presented.
- Processing tenant files and performing administrative and office support functions.
- Processing continuing eligibility for housing assistance; calculating rent based on program requirements and submitting the information to the Property Manager for approval.
- Documenting and maintaining case files and on-line records.
- Entering, tracking and closing work orders for maintenance requests as well as time records for property staff.
This role is performed under the general supervision of the Property Manager; however, much of the tenant contact is handled by the Property Specialist.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of customer service experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience maintaining records (manual and electronic) and performing data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Clearly and effectively communicating both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensuring assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to interpret data and make conclusions; will question and search for answers; evaluates ideas and information and develops ideas that lead to action.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Consent to and pass a criminal records background check.
- Position may require travel to KCHA properties and sites. The successful candidate will need to have access to reliable transportation to meet the business needs of the Agency.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $22.86 - $26.29 per hour (dependent on qualifications). A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Property Specialist - Valli Kee (Kent) | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)