NRHA seeks qualified candidates for the position of Property Management Director. The position directs the overall property management operations of all low-income public housing in the on behalf of the Authority. The position coordinates the property management activity of housing communities, including leasing, placement, maintenance, security, resident support services, and reporting activity. The jobholder will oversee a portfolio of six communities, six mid-rise apartment complexes, and scattered-site housing units. The Director acts to assure that residents receive clean, safe, and well-maintained housing. The position implements or participates in implementing strategic housing initiatives, including but not limited to low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) programs, Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) projects, and Project-Based Voucher (PBV) programs. The Director administers a department of approximately 100 employees, including property managers, maintenance personnel, reporting and compliance specialists, and resident services specialists. This is a senior management position that reports directly to the Chief Housing Officer (CHO).
- twelve or more years of progressively responsible direct experience in public housing management, to include at least three years staff supervision experience
- a bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, or a related field (a master's degree will be preferred)
- progressive managerial experience to include experience in directing multiple levels of a diverse workforce
- certification as either a Public Housing Manager (PHM) or Accredited Residential Manager (ARM)
- certification as a Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
- knowledge of the Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act (VLRTA)
- comprehensive knowledge of HUD rules, regulations, and reporting and compliance requirements
Candidates may apply electronically at the NRHA website at https://nrha.us/about/careers, and follow the directions for submitting a job application. Questions can be directed to Richard Archer, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.