Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) is seeking experienced project managers with a strong knowledge of architecture and construction to join our Development Department. This position will require professional working relationships with various entities; including affiliated non-profits, A/E consultants, and general contractors. The projects will range from small renovations of our existing housing portfolio, to large-scale ground up developments of new affordable housing. Creative thinking and clear, effective communication skills are key to succeeding in this position.
What you’ll do
• Manage all phases of design and construction of new multifamily construction and/or renovation projects from programming through closeout.
• Review design documents for completeness and quality control.
• Serve as liaison with general contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, federal, state and local agencies, as appropriate.
• Review and administer requirements of project contractual documents.
• Attend construction site meetings and observe / report on conditions and progress.
• Monitor project and construction budgets and schedules.
• Research and approve change order requests.
• Participate and act in a manner that creates trust and builds working relationships, promoting teamwork and collaboration in the work environment.
What you will bring
• Bachelors or master’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent experience.
• Three (3) or more years of professional architectural, construction administration or equivalent experience with at least one (1) year of demonstrated project management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in multifamily design, renovations and/or new multifamily projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project desirable.
• Knowledge of architectural design and construction. Emphasis on programming, planning, design, building codes, accessibility codes, and construction administration.
What we offer
• Flexible work schedules including the opportunity to work from home a portion of the workweek after an initial probationary period.
• Starting pay rate is $63,960.00 - $83,960.00 per year based on experience.
• Full-time, exempt salaried position working 40 hours per week.
• 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee. Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
• Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit:
then click Apply to begin your application.