The New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is a public benefit corporation and the nation’s largest municipal Housing Finance Agency. HDC’s programs support the construction and preservation of multi-family affordable housing in New York City.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Area of Talent: Compliance/Marketing/Affordable Housing
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Financial District
The Marketing and Compliance Specialist reports to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing and monitors all aspects of the marketing and ongoing lease-up of HDC financed developments while ensuring strict adherence to HDC compliance and statutory requirements. Must be proactive, innovative and detailed-oriented with a broad understanding of affordable housing. The position ensures the communication and enforcement of all policies and regulations throughout HDC’s portfolio.
- Monitor affordable housing lotteries for advertised projects, including lottery logs, to ensure proper processing of applicants.
- Review Marketing Plans to ensure initial and long-term regulatory compliance.
- Field complaints from applicants, elected officials, owners and agents and provide timely and detailed responses substantiated by HDC regulatory and programmatic guidelines.
- Perform regular review of HDC portfolio and implementation of corrective compliance measures as needed.
- Streamline and create systems to ensure ongoing compliance throughout the HDC portfolio.
- Review applicant files for programmatic eligibility.
- Coordinate and take the lead in HDC Marketing and Compliance meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with project owners, managing agents and various government agencies.
- Coordinate with other HDC departments to resolve regulatory issues.
- Prepare and maintain timely, accurate, and updated project records and compliance reports.
- Conduct offsite audits of housing lotteries, tenant files and unit inspections.
- Review rent rolls and annual owner certification packages to ensure ongoing programmatic and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and ensure that HDC’s website is up to date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field and relevant affordable housing industry experience.
- A satisfactory combination of experience and/or education that is equivalent to the above.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement new systems to streamline existing protocols to maximize productivity and oversight.
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Superior organizational, analytic, problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and regulatory agreement review.
- Thorough understanding of the low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) program including LIHTC or comparable certifications/experience.
- Microsoft Office: Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to travel by public transportation in all five boroughs.
- Comprehensive understanding of affordable housing Marketing Guidelines, Fair Housing and Rent Stabilization guidelines.
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer