Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Housing Assistance Programs, the Landlord Liaison is responsible for leading agency-wide efforts to effectively market JCHA’s programs to new and existing landlords and property managers with the goal of expanding the number of units available to households receiving rental assistance. The Liaison will identify permanent housing units in the rental market throughout the JCHA, develops partnerships with landlords to overcome barriers that prevent participant households from obtaining permanent housing, and work closely with case managers and/or directly with clients to ensure that both applicants and participants can access and sustain housing.
All activities must support the Jersey City Housing Authority (JCHA) mission, strategic goals and ONE-JCHA values.
Landlord Liaison Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties that assist subsidy recipients in identifying and leasing housing units.
- Develops instructional materials and brochures related to the housing search process
- Assists clients in setting up interviews with prospective owners.
- Conducts landlord meetings
- Performs outreach activities to owners and management companies that include but are not limited to, personal contact, mailings, training programs and neighborhood organization meetings.
- Maintains regular interaction and coordination with other housing providers and resource agencies for individuals with disabilities, establishes a clearinghouse for rental listings reflecting the specific housing needs of persons with disabilities.
- Gives the participants assistance to help clients find suitable apartments with needed accessibility features and will request an exception to the Fair Market Rents when necessary for clients to rent accessible units.
- Participates in meetings and training programs that promote
- Responds to inquiries from individuals related to concerns about subsidized housing clients or units and refers such matters to the appropriate agency or staff person.
- Performs other related duties as required.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. An Associate Degree in Liberal Arts, Social Services, Psychology or related field from an accredited college or university supplemented by four (4) years of full-time employment in the field of real estate or assisted and/or public housing with case management responsibilities or a combination of training and experience is preferred.
B. UNIQUE EXPERTISE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Demonstrated ability to deal with a variety of third parties, including applicants, participants (special emphasis on persons with disabilities), owners, public officials, etc.
2. Adequate typing (contracts, correspondence), mathematical skills, computer ability (to input data and calculate rental assistance payments) and perform related work.
3. Excellent verbal communication skills; ability to communicate in writing, to document/record participant file and prepare status reports, graphs and charts.
C. Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position. Daily movements include sitting; standing; operating computers and other office equipment; moving about the office; and attending onsite and offsite meetings. The employee must be able to communicate via email and verbally via telephone. The employee must occasionally transport up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Office environment the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please Visit https://www.jerseycityha.org/careers to apply!