SHRA is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to work at the IT Network Engineer level. The IT Network Engineer provides robust, reliable and secure LAN/WAN, cloud, and telecommunications infrastructure for the Agency. SHRA employees have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
Note: The following duties are typical of those performed by incumbents in this class. Other related duties may be performed. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual. Placement at the IT Network Engineer level requires demonstrated experience and competency in performing a majority of the duties listed here.
Complex Problem Resolution
- Act as troubleshooter for data/telephone network problems
- Keep appraised of industry trends and developments for possible agency application
- Assume responsibility for security issues: physical, network, virus, computer room
Technology and Architecture Planning
- Provide and maintain network architecture documentation and charts
- Determine long range data/telecommunications security network needs
- Oversee day-to-day operations of network and telecommunications system
- Conduct annual contract review and approval
- Review and approve hardware and software requisitions for IT and other departments
- Install operating system patches and updates as needed
- Provide hardware support and installation as assigned
- Support users with requests for changes to existing lines and new or modified services
- Plan, design and implement complex telephone applications and cloud migration
- Oversee installation of voice terminals, wiring and PBX switches
Education & Experience:
Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Agency. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in designing, installing, and helping maintain complex LANs and WANs network acceleration technologies.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in network engineering, management information systems, computer science, or a closely related field.
- Significant VMware knowledge.
- Experience with Telephony Migration from on premise to the Cloud.
- Industry trends and developments for possible agency application.
- General knowledge of the mission of the Agency and an understanding of the population it serves.
- Proofpoint email security or other cloud based email security platform.
- Sonicwall Firewall knowledge (SMA 6210) or other Firewall related knowledge.
- Sonicwall SMA1000 (Secure Mobile Access) or other Secure Mobile solution.
- Perform duties independently under general, minimal supervison within specific assignments.
- Manage time and set priorities amidst multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Manage complex projects and coordinate multiple tasks
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
Other Requirements: May be required to take and successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination.
For a complete job announcement and/or to apply online, click on the following link: