The IT Cloud Engineer supports Tacoma Housing Authority’s strategic and operational objectives in the following way: Provides advanced technical and administrative services in network design, security, and administration. Work includes the design, implementation, support and maintenance of the network and cloud infrastructure. Researches, evaluates, recommends, and implements network hardware, services, servers, desktop and application technologies to meet business requirements. Keeps the organization current and improves efficiency with THA’s ongoing investment in Cloud Services. This position is the primary technical lead overseeing the agency's Windows, Azure, O365, and identity environments. This role is responsible for monitoring, managing, and advising on the migration to, utilization, health, and performance of the platform, establishing and documenting governance, policies, and procedures, and providing support and training to delegated admins who will work with systems hosted within. In this context, the incumbent in this position will collaborate with others at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders in the consideration of significant goals, concepts, initiatives, and other activities that profoundly affect THA, its employees, and the people that it serves. The IT Cloud Engineer shall perform all these responsibilities in service to THA’s social justice and business mission to assist low-income households and other customers, and to do so in ways that aspire to programmatic and administrative excellence.
Examples of Duties
- Assess organization’s technology infrastructure and explore options for moving to the cloud.
- Oversee migration and maintain the new systems ensuring the alignment with IT strategic goals and best practice.
- Planning, developing, and designing cloud-based software and applications.
- Managing a cloud environment and debugging initiatives throughout development.
- Working and collaborating with technical teams to identify and implement cloud solutions.
- Troubleshooting and solving issues with cloud-based processes
- Building and designing different web services within a cloud environment.
- Automating cloud-based functions and platforms throughout the system.
- Assemble cloud infrastructure – this includes numerous cloud computing, networking, and security services that all need to be configured properly.
- Ensure that the right users have access to the right cloud services.
- Design and deploy applications in the cloud.
- Identify and use appropriate cloud services to support applications in the cloud
- Migrate on-premise applications of the organization to the cloud when logical to do so.
- Manages organization’s on-premise and off-premise hardware/software (but with an emphasis on cloud-based services).
- Primary responsibilities include developing and implementing policies for the use of cloud services, managing requests for new technology, establishing a secure cloud environment, and ensuring appropriate availability of services, also known as uptime.
- Negotiate with vendors, coordinates with other IT team members, and communicate with senior IT leadership about the progress of all cloud projects.
- Pays close attention to cloud contracts due to variability. Ensure cost is on track with THAs budget and cloud strategy.
- Stays up-to-date with industry trends, new technology applications and cloud-based initiatives.
- Present a professional image as a representative of THA.
- Fulfill all duties and responsibilities with a high level of integrity, honesty and adherence to agency policies and rules.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers, management, partner agencies and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years Cloud Engineering, preferably under senior-level Cloud Engineer instruction
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
Preferred Microsoft Certifications:
Azure Administrator, Azure Security Engineer Associate, Azure Network Engineer Associate, Identity and Access Administrator Associate, Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals, Azure Solutions Architect Expert
To Apply, please go to TacomaHousing.net/jobs.
For any questions, please email Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org