This position is responsible for interviewing, investigating, verifying eligibility, income, assets, deduction, and household composition of prospective applicants seeking housing with CMHA and CMHA clients to determine and process housing assistance subsidy. Processing rental subsidy payments to participating property owners on behalf of eligible clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Interview applicants to obtain initial information to process housing assistance applications to determine eligibility.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with clients and owners to obtain information to process initial or ongoing subsidy payments. Advises and explains housing assistance policies, rules, and forms to clients and owners. Calculates annual and interim rental subsidies and client rent contributions. Investigates and verifies the information. Develops and maintains professional relationships with coworkers, clients, owners, and other external groups to provide effective and timely customer service, information, and problem resolution. Schedules and conducts appointments as advised. Sends, receives, analyzes, and processes electronic and hard copy correspondence, documents, and forms.
- Advises applicants/clients and owners of housing assistance regulations, policies, and procedures following HUD and CMHA regulations.
- Responsible for processing subsidy payments to clients and owners.
- Enter client and owner information into CMHA’s computer system. Establish and maintain extensive electronic and a hard copy filing system for clients and owners.
- Responds to telephone, fax, email, and walk-in inquiries about program requirements and status of housing assistance contracts and payments.
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential Knowledge and Training
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of coursework in Business, Sociology, Communication, or Community Relations.
- At least two years of experience in social work or related fields requires interviewing the public or similar work involving the evaluation of personal income and other assets for computing rental subsidies. May consider work experience in lieu of the education requirement.
- Must be proficient in business math and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have experience with Internet data websites and Microsoft Office Products—email, word processing, spreadsheet creation, and electronic document preparation and filing.
- Ability to effectively organize and perform multi-task work assignments.
- Must be capable of correctly interpreting and applying HUD and CMHA policies.
- Must use discretion in the collection, safeguarding, and dissemination of client and owner information.
- Daily direct contact with clients, owners, coworkers, and external businesses and agencies. Must be able to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with these groups and be a team player.
- Requires the ability to interview and obtain confidential information from clients and owners.
- Accuracy is essential. Requires close attention to details with a desire to resolve problems or complaints promptly.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 614 421-6403.