This is a new position pending Board approval.
Do you have a background in project management and data analysis? Are you committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and have an interest in supportive housing? Do you enjoy working collaboratively in an innovative and exciting agency with a wide range of individuals and organizations? If so, join our Washington County Housing Services as a Homeless Services Data Analyst!
The Supportive Housing Program within Housing Services has two Homeless Services Data Analyst openings. Under the direction of the Supportive Housing Services Manager, the Data Analyst will be responsible for the development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of ad-hoc and recurring reports as well as dashboards and other business intelligence applications that utilize the underlying data stores for internal and external use. Working with cross-functional teams, the Data Analyst will thoroughly analyze and clarify report requirements, make recommendations, and educate when necessary to meet business needs. This role will also be responsible for creating and maintaining internal controls and reference materials to promote data quality.
Successful candidates will have proven leadership skills in a large, fast-paced work environment and strong analytic skills including experience in measuring, monitoring, tracking, and analyzing data. They will also have experience in developing program policies and procedures, advanced computer skills including experience with electronic records, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret regulations, policies and laws. Additionally, they will have strong organization skills and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and demands. Foremost, the candidates will have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, public services, fiscal responsibility and innovation in government.
To learn more about the Department, please use this link: Housing Services.
Washington County values a culture of equity, diverse perspectives, and life experiences. Our organization embraces innovation, collaboration and work-life harmony. We offer job stability, a comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to serve and support our diverse community. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Primary duties may include:
- Assists in creating a positive and supportive work environment; enforces a safe workplace; establishes a culture of teamwork and communication; creates a workplace that promotes the organizational values of workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion; and actively promotes an environment respectful of living and working in a multicultural society.
- Works with stakeholders across the organization to understand information needs, such as process and performance indicators.
- Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and assist in the on-going optimization and maintenance of databases/data systems.
- Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities, particularly in the areas of data definition/coding, data collection and data quality.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using computational, statistical and geographic techniques and provides scheduled and ad-hoc reports.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Develops and maintains any necessary reference materials, such as data dictionaries, code books, and report specifications.
- Develops business intelligence dashboards.
- Automates ETL processes to ensure all end users have seamless access to current, actionable information.
- Combines/Integrates data across multiple sources/platforms as required by business users.
- Uses a design thinking approach to deliver data visualizations that are useful, clear, and insightful, given the intended audience(s).
- Produces reports and data analytics for the Board of Commissioners, stakeholder groups, Metro Oversight Committee as well as other public bodies requesting program level data.
Homeless Services Data Analyst is the working title for this specific position and the classification title is Management Analyst II. Washington County organizes its positions into classifications. Classification descriptions are typically written broadly. To review this classification, please use this link: Management Analyst II.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in public or business administration, statistics, accounting, or a related field that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities; AND two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in administrative, operations, or similar analyses; OR
- Possession of an Associate's Degree in public or business administration, statistics, accounting, or a related field that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities; AND four (4) years of progressively responsible professional experience in administrative, operations, or similar analyses; OR
- Possession of six (6) years of progressively responsible work experience in administrative, operations, budgetary, and similar analyses, of which at least two (2) years of this experience is in the public sector for a medium or large governmental unit.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience with data analysis.
Please be clear and specific in the applicable sections of the employment application about how your background is relevant. This information must also be consistent with your supplemental question responses if applicable. Please note: Answers to the supplemental questions are typically evaluated separately from your application.
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation.
Department of Motor Vehicle Records (DMV) Requirement:
Driving a motorized vehicle is an essential function of this position. Successful applicants must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record. To review the Driver's License and Record Policy for Washington County and instructions for submitting appropriate DMV documentation, please use this link: Driver's License & Records Policy.
Washington County is committed to using a Merit Based System in which recruiting, selecting, and advancing employees is based on their relative knowledge, skills, and abilities.
1. An evaluation of training and experience will be performed by Human Resources. Review of applications will occur the week of February 8, 2021.
2. A Subject Matter Expert (SME) Panel will perform an in-depth evaluation of experience and training taken from your employment application materials to include responses to supplemental questionnaire. This process will begin after February 15, 2021 and may take about 2 weeks.
3. Our goal is to schedule oral panel interviews with candidates that successfully passed the SME evaluation step as soon as possible.
Please note: candidates that are successful in the evaluation process may have their applications referred for additional vacancies in the same classification, or job family.
If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a Veterans' preference for this recruitment, please review instructions using this link: Veterans Preference Points (Download PDF reader).
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act:
Reasonable accommodation is available to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing this application or participating in the selection process for this recruitment. To obtain confidential assistance please contact Human Resources 503-846-8606, or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before any step in the recruitment and selection process for which you feel you need accommodation.
Status of Your Application:
You will be advised by e-mail of your status at each step in the application process, from initial application to final employment disposition. Please note that Washington County communicates with all candidates via e-mail. If you "opt out" or "unsubscribe" of e-mail notification from notices in NEOGOV it will impact our ability to communicate with you about job postings.
Questions (?) Regarding This Recruitment
Yeji Seo, Talent Acquisition Business Partner
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
Washington County Public Services Building
155 N First Avenue Ste. 270
Hillsboro, OR 97124
SUPPORTIVE HOUSING CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR