PURPOSE OF POSITION: Oversee the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of 3200 units. Participate as a member of the Executive Team responsible for the performance of the Housing Authority’s Property Management functions and unifying the agency to work as “one Agency” in support of its mission.
Executive Team members share leadership responsibility to establish agency-wide objectives and directives and guide their implementation through programs and practices which reflect the Agency’s Vision, strategic plan, and internal culture objectives. Each team member is responsible for maintaining a “one agency” perspective as they:
- Establish organization-wide goals and cross department projects and objectives.
- Actively participate in the development and oversight of long range, strategic and budget planning processes.
- Anticipate and address public image, budget management, liability or other issues that may impact the financial, organizational, political and/or creative stability of the agency.
- Seek out and analyze information, issues and challenges in order to assure maximum community investment.
- Model the agency’s customer service orientation with all public, elected or funding agency representatives and Agency staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in management/finance or equivalent industry experience is preferred.
- COS and LIHTC certifications a must.
- Minimum of 8-10 years Property Management experience in affordable housing specifically required.
- Minimum five years’ experience supervising site teams of Section 8 and/or LIHTC properties.
- REAC, Section 8, and Section 515 experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Section 42 low-income housing tax credit, HUD, USDA Rural Development and similar housing programs.
- Strong knowledge of the Fair Housing Act.
- Demonstrated leadership skills using performance incentives and team-building strategies
- Strong written, oral and reading communication skills to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe complex programs at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Yardi, or other industry software applications
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For a full job description and to apply online, please click on the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/shra?