SALARY: $96,251.49 - $112,493.58 Annually
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
This position is open until filled; however, the initial review of applications will begin on October 20, 2021.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. KCHA provides innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
Reporting to the Director of Asset Management, this position establishes, develops, budgets, implements and oversees the entire capital project program for the Asset Management Department which owns or controls approximately 8,200 units of multifamily apartments for the Authority with a market value close to $1 billion and is responsible for the performance of the construction staff involved in the management of the capital work. It is responsible for ensuring the entire Asset Management housing stock remains in excellent physical condition. This individual oversees the entire department construction management staff as well as consultants, directs and/or indirectly directs the work of more than 50 contractors and subcontractors who will employ between an estimated 300 - 500 staff on KCHA owned or controlled properties in any single calendar year, develops the department capital budget and ensures the entire capital program is carried out as planned which includes knowledge of all aspects of the construction industry and oversight of all steps of the construction process from identifying and prioritizing the work, developing the budget, design, procurement, contracting, project management and oversight and close-out. The capital budget for the construction projects within the department for 2021 is approximately $30,000,000.
Key contributions include:
- Supervision of staff and oversight of project consultants.
- Plan, prioritize and develop annual department construction work plan.
- Management of ongoing building repairs and renovations which include the replacement of varied building and property related components of multifamily property including but not limited to roofs, siding, windows, decks, interior renovations, drainage, energy improvements, waterlines, electrical systems, etc.
- Manage Weatherization funding applications and construction in conjunction with local utility firms.
- Ability to develop project scope and specifications.
- Oversight and management of project funding and financing. Work is typically performed by private contractors who are procured through a public bidding process in compliance with public works requirements.
- Responsibility for construction documents compliance with procurement policy and ensuring that staff manage projects in adherence with contract documents.
- Successfully balancing many construction projects in varying stages of development, some of which may be large and technically and/or politically complex.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree AND
- Five years of construction project management experience including construction contract administration OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction project management and contract administration; principles and practices used in various building construction craft areas; building construction plans and specifications; and principles and practices of comprehensive needs assessment programs for affordable housing.
- Supervisory experience and effective supervisory skills to include coaching and mentoring to support employees in achieving Authority and individual goals; demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership in a dynamic, highly regulated work environment.
- Clearly and effectively communicates both verbally and in writing by actively listening and sharing relevant information.
- Ability to explain complex or technical information regarding rules, rights, regulations, policies, procedures, programs, or services to answer questions, resolve problems, communicate decisions or actions.
- Understands technical aspects of the position and continuously builds knowledge, keeping up-to-date on the technical or procedural aspects of the position.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Uses critical, creative, and reflective thinking skills to identify problems, analyze and evaluate various solutions, implement solutions, and monitor their effectiveness; ability to analyze data and resolve problems; exercises sound professional judgment.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with stakeholders, regularly inviting feedback and suggestions; works cooperatively with others as an active member of a team.
- Effectively organizes multiple assignments, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities, to produce work products that are accurate, thorough and on time.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values.
- Maintain cost controls within established budgets.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and own or have access to a vehicle to regularly travel between work sites, or have an alternative reliable mode of transportation.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $96,251.19- $112,493.58 per year. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment with occasional travel to work sites. Office equipment used includes computer software such as word-processing, spreadsheet, database, project scheduling, and computer aided drafting. Visiting work sites is conducted in a variety of weather conditions and the employee is likely to encounter unsanitary and/or unsafe conditions at the construction site. Safety equipment such as a hard hat, goggles, and steel-tipped shoes may be worn. Drives a vehicle to and from work sites in a variety of weather conditions.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Construction Program Manager | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)