The New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is a public benefit corporation and the nation’s largest municipal Housing Finance Agency. HDC’s programs support the construction and preservation of multi-family affordable housing in New York City.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer
Area of Talent: Compliance/Affordable Housing/Low Income Housing Tax Credit
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
Location: NYC/Financial District
The Compliance Specialist reports to the Assistant Vice President of Compliance and is responsible for monitoring and evaluating compliance within HDC’s Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Tax Exempt Bond (TEB), and Taxable Bond (TB) properties.
- Performs on-site LIHTC and TEB audits of properties pursuant to Section 42 and 142 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Reviews annual owner certification packages and rent rolls to ensure ongoing programmatic and regulatory compliance.
- Monitors program updates on a regular basis and takes the appropriate actions to ensure compliance.
- Prepares and maintains timely, accurate, and updated compliance reports.
- Establishes and maintains key external relationships with property owners, managing agents and various governmental agencies.
- Acts promptly to respond in writing to inquiries and complaints.
- Assists in all functions of HDC’s Leasing and Marketing Groups.
- Provides technical assistance to stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a related field and relevant affordable housing industry experience; or,
- A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience that is equivalent to the above.
- Ability to travel frequently by public transportation primarily in New York City.
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Superior organizational, problem solving, oral and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in mathematics and data analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of Fair Housing and Rent Stabilization guidelines.
Interested applicants may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or fax to the Human Resources Department at (646) 304-4819.
As of August 2, 2021, all HDC hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by HDC.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an equal opportunity employer.