Serves as receptionist for Columbus Metropolitan Housing Authority. Assists the Housing Authority by greeting visitors, answers’ incoming calls on a multi-line system, responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, and perform various clerical duties. The employee works with occasional supervision in the performance of routine tasks in accordance with established policies and procedures. Duties performed are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
Essential Job Functions
- Greets and sign in visitors, answers telephones, and refer all calls.
- Open, date stamp and mark incoming/outgoing mail, photocopies, and fax income verification and housing information as required.
- Prepares and analyzes reports to assess data accuracy.
- Key applications onto PHAMS system.
- Escort clients from lobby to proper office, assists clients in filling out paperwork.
- Uses computer system for inquiry purposes to assist tenants concerning their status.
Essential knowledge, training and responsibilities
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year clerical and customer service experience in an office environment is required.
- Must possess the ability to effectively organize and perform multi-task work assignments with little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, basic typing skills required, and the ability to handle multi-line phone system. Microsoft Office Produce-email, word processing.
- Daily direct contact with clients, owners, co-workers, and external businesses and agencies.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with these groups and be a team player.
- Requires attention to details, and public relations issues with internal and external customers.
To apply send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 614 421-6403. The deadline to apply, Friday, August 20, 2021.