We are currently recruiting for a seasoned Construction Coordinator to fill a position at our central campus in Tukwila, WA. We are looking for someone who understands and is capable of preparing plans, specifications and cost estimates for new construction, renovations, and remodeling of residential housing. The ideal candidate will be relied on to perform technical work in construction management.
Under the general supervision of the Capital Construction Program Manager, the Construction Coordinator is responsible for oversight and inspection of contractor construction for quality, code compliance, function and anesthetics. Some of the duties of this position will include:
- Providing project updates via daily reports, QAQC reports, project progress reports, and contractor performance reviews.
- Serving as onsite technical liaison with the Contractor, Property Management, Residence Services and KCHA Residence.
- Coordinating interactions with KCHA residents and contractors simultaneously for multiple properties.
- Representing the Authority by monitoring and enforcing contract Scope of Work (SOW), specifications and/or plans of a given project; troubleshooting issues and addressing/resolving unforeseen construction complications onsite.
- May be responsible for preparation of contract documents, design/development, destructive testing or procurement of contracted services.
King County Housing Authority (KCHA) is the largest provider of affordable housing in the Pacific Northwest and a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. To learn more about KCHA and our Mission visit this link.
- Oversees contractors and construction projects; works with the contractor's field representative to ensure the work performed is in compliance with the construction documents and is accurate and of specified quality; works with contractors to take corrective action when appropriate.
- Monitors and enforces contract documents, SOW, project schedules, critical paths and facilitates access for contractors to properties either independently or as part of a team.
- Reviews means and methods for construction; inspects workmanship of General Contractor's installation to verify compliance with codes, contract specifications, and quality control.
- Monitors work performed to ensure compliance with documented and verbal expectations from the initial mobilization stage through construction, to completion and close out of the project.
- Reviews and prepares construction plans, specifications and drawings to ensure compliance with building and construction codes and adherence to bid, code, contract and specifications.
- For large scale construction, remodeling, or repair projects: prepares reports concerning inspections of the building or construction based on observations, digital images, infrared images and construction data or concerning project conditions and field issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate's Degree AND
- Three years of experience in residential construction, construction management, contracting, and/or remodeling OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience reading, understanding, and interpreting building construction plans, details, and specifications.
- Knowledge of principles and practices used in various building construction trades areas including:
- Proper construction techniques and contract compliance;
- Standard building materials; and
- Documentation preparation and scheduling.
- Applies effective written and verbal communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages to internal and external partners; exercises tact and diplomacy.
- Analyzes problems, identifies alternative solutions, and implements recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking; ability to exercise independent decision making.
- Effectively organizes multiple assignments, sometimes of a complex nature or involving competing priorities, to produce work products that are accurate, thorough and on time.
- Understands energy issues and audit techniques; ability to operate pressure testing equipment, and the ability to utilize cost effectiveness software.
- Demonstrates responsible personal and professional conduct, which contributes to the overall mission and goals of KCHA; accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work; ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Works effectively and efficiently to provide quality service to satisfy service expectations; seeks ways to improve service delivery.
- Training in construction related areas such as building code enforcement, hazardous material assessments such as lead risk and asbestos, and combustion safety is desirable for some positions.
- Consent to and pass a driver's and criminal records background check.
- Possess a valid driver's license to regularly travel between work sites. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity an applicant will need to:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. Be sure to include experience either in large scale/multi-story residential construction, remodeling, or repair projects. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range of this position is $66,163.39 - $82,000.00 annually. Performance based merit increase opportunities and COLAs are reviewed on an annual basis. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are also available.
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and is likely to encounter unsanitary and/or unsafe conditions at the construction site. Safety equipment such as a hard hat, safety vest, goggles, and steel-tipped safety shoes are worn. Drives a KCHA vehicle to and from work sites in a variety of weather conditions.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.