About King County Housing Authority
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization, is a high-performing, nationally recognized leader in affordable housing and in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the County, and annually, the agency serves over 55,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
We are currently recruiting to fill our Assistant Property Manager opportunity at our Birch Creek portfolio in Kent, Washington. The individual selected for this role will perform a variety of administrative duties related to the management of the Birch Creek portfolio. They will be responsible for ensuring that the property is operated in an efficient, cost effective manner while providing high quality, well maintained housing for the residents and/or tenants. Some of the regular duties in this position will be interfacing with applicants, residents, and neighbors; performing annual reviews and rent calculations for residents; annual inspections, lease-enforcement, and compiling data for use in reports. The Assistant Property Manager will assist with managing the operations as directed by the Senior Property Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate's Degree AND
- Two years of relevant work experience in affordable housing, property management, or general management OR
- An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain records (manual and electronic) and reports with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of complex affordable housing programs including HUD rental assistance, LIHTC, HOME and/or other applicable regulated housing programs and Authority policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking, and handling interruptions appropriately; ensures assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with individuals, and internal and external organizations; applies effective written and oral communication techniques to convey clear and timely messages.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to develop effective working relationships; works cooperatively, exchanges ideas, and addresses issues in a constructive, collaborative manner.
- Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities; responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Analyzes problems, identifies solutions, and articulates possibilities and recommendations; demonstrates critical, creative, and reflective thinking.
- Utilizes excellent time management and problem solving techniques, and use of professional judgment in complex situations; demonstrates strong project management skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with individuals of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Consent to and pass criminal record background check.
- Consent to and pass required assessments.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to travel to KCHA sites as required. Must have an acceptable driving record at time of appointment and throughout employment.
POSITION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS:
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The salary range of this position is $52,303.07 - $60,148.54 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits are available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and outdoors in all weather conditions. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and will drive a vehicle on Authority business.
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.