Under the supervision of the Finance Director or his/her designee, the Accountant performs general accounting duties to meet the needs for the Housing Authority of Salt Lake City (HASLC) and its non-profit subsidiaries.
Relocation expenses accepted. Salt Lake City is an up and coming city with a strong economy. Beautiful mountains with year-round recreational activities, if you haven’t been to Salt Lake City come see what you have been missing!
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with at least three to five years of accounting experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting and auditing principles, practices and procedures and terminology.
- Provide in depth accounting, reporting and analysis in a fast-paced, highly regulated and accuracy critical environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Deadline-Oriented. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work, including the ability to apply detailed guidelines to specific individual programs and established policies and procedures. Effectively function in stressful situations.
- Maintain a high level of daily productivity. Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information and issues.
- Exceptional customer service and support. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, co-workers, vendors, and local, state, and federal officials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Please include job title when applying. Resumes and HASLC applications will be accepted until the position is filled at the Housing Authority of Salt Lake City, 1776 South West Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84115, through our website www.haslcutah.org/about/careers/ or by email to: email@example.com. EOE. For accommodations with the application process call 801-487-2161 or 801-487-3361 (TDD).