Founded in 1940, the Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority (NRHA) provides low-income families in Norfolk, Virginia with safe and well-maintained housing. It also plans and administers large-scale residential redevelopment programs within Norfolk.
NRHA is an award-winning public housing authority and is designated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as a high-performer for its assisted housing programs. NRHA has been effective in obtaining private investment partners to fund new neighborhoods; improving low-income public housing; planning and building mixed-income communities; and offering programs that support residents receiving rental assistance on their path to self-sufficiency. NRHA aims to create and apply meaningful housing and neighborhood development programs to serve all residents of Norfolk, Virginia.
NRHA looks for people who want to work in a challenging and progressive environment and make a positive difference in the community.
About the Position
NRHA seeks qualified candidates for the position of Property Manager. Property Managers direct the administration of leasing, property maintenance, rent collection, security, and resident support services for an assigned moderate-scale public housing community. The jobholder acts to assure a clean, safe, and well-maintained community, and complies with all relevant U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations. The jobholder will supervise directly or indirectly nine staff employees.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Administering public housing property management procedures.
- Assuring that individual units, office, and grounds are properly maintained.
- Overseeing leasing, move-in, rent-collection, move-out, turn, and inspection procedures.
- Overseeing the records management for the community; assures that both electronic and hard-copy records are correct and updated.
- Maintaining current knowledge of HUD regulations and federal and state laws relevant to housing management.
- Obtaining satisfactory performance ratings on HUD performance indicators.
- Supervising subordinate staff.
- Counseling residents on property, leasing, maintenance, and related issues
- Maintaining positive relations with community residents.
- Participating in budget development and monitoring functions.
- Procuring services and goods on behalf of the community, in accordance with state procurement law and NRHA procedures.
- Coordinating standard property management legal action (e.g., payment delinquency, eviction, property management restitution) as needed.
- Supporting resident services programs provided by NRHA.
- Preparing and submitting reports, correspondence, and memorandums.
About the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Six to nine years progressively responsible property management experience to include supervisory and LIHTC experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Real Estate or a related field.
- Certification as a Public Housing Manager (PHM) is required.
- The candidate is required to successfully complete rent calculations training and pass a rent calculation examination within six months of hire.
- Candidate is required to possess a current valid Public Housing Manager (PHM) certificate and a certification in LIHTC administration.
NRHA will consider equivalent substitutes for education and/or experience, provided that the candidate can demonstrate that he/she has obtained the knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the job.
NRHA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The current full pay range of the Property Manager job is $44,928.00 to $78,291.20, with a target hiring pay range of $44,928.00 to $61,609.60. The compensation offer will be determined by the candidates work experience and skill set. Benefits include retirement, health, dental, vision, life insurances, savings, and tuition reimbursement options, and much more.
Those candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly by telephone. All other candidates will receive an email communication after the position is filled.
Want to help others? NRHA is looking for you!
NRHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants receive consideration for a position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, or any other class protected by law. NRHA is an e-Verify employer, and reviews the eligibility of each employee to work in the United States. NRHA is a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. All positions require a pre-employment drug screen. NRHA requires a criminal history record review for all positions. NRHA reserves the right to close or withdraw at any time any position it lists or advertises.