King County Housing Authority is currently recruiting for a Sustainability/Resource Conservation Intern. The successful candidate will support KCHA's efforts to improve recycling, composting, decreasing garbage and recycling contamination. Additionally, the Intern will be assisting in energy meter verification at multifamily buildings.
Typical job duties may include:
- Reviewing electric and gas meters in the Puget Sound Energy's (PSE) MyData system to verify that all property meters are included.
- Supporting utility data management by completing utility data lookups and contacting utilities on behalf of KCHA.
- Verifying solid waste collection levels of multifamily properties by visiting properties the day before scheduled collections and documenting the fullness of waste containers.
- Contacting property management staff and waste haulers to collect information about solid waste service.
- Assisting with resident engagement related to recycling and recycling contamination.
- Current enrollment or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate level degree program in Environmental Sustainability, Environmental Science or a closely related field AND
- One year of work experience.
To https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/kingcohousing/jobs/2807048/sustainability-resource-view the entire job posting, please go to: conservation-intern?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs