The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate complex maintenance program activity between HABC sites, privately managed and/or privately owned affordable rental properties in HABC's portfolio. This position reports to Vice President for LIPH. Is responsible for ensuring that these privately managed properties and PH developments adhere to all HUD statutory and regulatory provisions as well as adherence to all applicable HABC policies and provisions of the Bailey Consent Decree (as amended).
All activities must support the Housing Authority of Baltimore City (“HABC” or “Authority”) mission, strategic goals, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other responsibilities, duties and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
• Supervises Public Housing Inspection Staff
• Manages all related Inspection work including assigning, planning, scheduling and reviewing work, evaluating work performance and completing performance evaluations.
• Over sees and prioritizes all unit inspections (REAC, move ins, move outs, PM and yearly).
• Monitors status of work orders and coordinates with (Asset Managers/Superintendents) to ensure completion of all work orders related to unit inspections in PH and performs random QC on work orders
• Monitors weekly productivity reports to ensure that all PH sites are on or above productivity standards as well as individual employee productivity
• Allocating Inspection personnel, selecting new employees, and training staff.
• Develops and implements procedures to improve customer satisfaction and employee productivity; assist in developing department goals, objective, policies, and priorities recommends and implements updates to policies and procedures related to all aspects of maintenance operations.
• Coordinates with (Asset Managers/ Superintendents) to facilitate full occupancy and efficient turnaround time, ensuring that units are occupied timely and unit conditions meet applicable requirements, including vacancy turns, and sites are prepared for REAC.
• Performs periodic on-site inspecting of assigned properties, focusing on physical conditions, local market conditions, overall property administration, and continuing program compliance. Makes recommendations to Senior Operations Management regarding improvements.
• Monitors and reviews all service contracts and reports deficiencies to Senior Operations Management and appropriate staff. Monitors compliance to HABC procurement policy.
• Assists maintenance staff to ensure that proper repairs and preventive maintenance needed to keep a building's infrastructure running effectively. Assists with creating Preventative Maintenance schedules.
• Performs analysis of service requests on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement, such as identifying software programs or IT enhancements that will enable the maintenance staff and home visit inspectors to work more efficiently and effectively
• Prepares estimates, approves purchases and tracks budgeted expenditures in PH as requested from Senior Operations Management.
• Assists Asset Managers/Superintendents with annual Operating and Capital Expenditures budget.
• Follows up with Escrow and Court Cases to ensure compliance with any violations cited.
• Assists with Senior Operations Management Staff with providing input on hires, promotions, and placement of maintenance staff. Bases all decisions on fair and equal assessments ensuring that all positions are filled through a system of meritocracy.
• Assists with maintenance training Classes. Recommends and evaluates trainers as well as specific training needs for individual employees.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Business Management, Administration or related field(s) and a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in building construction management, inspection, or real property maintenance, with at least five (5) years of supervisory responsibility such as disciplining, evaluating the performance of and recommending the hiring, firing or promoting of staff. One (1) year experience in the field of construction may be substituted for one (1) year of college requirement; one (1) year of experience in the field of maintenance may be substituted for one (1) year of the college requirement. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Must possess a valid state of Maryland driver’s license and be insurable under the Authority’s plan. Must be eligible for coverage under the Authority’s fidelity bond. Must not engage in private real estate business. Must be available to work some evenings and weekends when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook). Must have the ability to learn other computer software programs as required by assigned tasks.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter with salary history via email to email@example.com. Please include the title of this position in the subject line of your email. EOE/Drug-Free Workplace