Tacoma Housing Authority (THA) is a mission-based housing authority in Pierce county dedicated to supporting and improving the lives of those in need of housing and housing support services resources.
THA is in search of a Risk Manager to support the organization’s strategic and operational objectives by assessing organizational risk, managing THA’s insurance and health and safety programs, and supporting all departments with safety & health initiatives.
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the organization as well as well as impacting the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people, and truly making a difference in the community.
Risk Analysis and Management
- Manage security and security strategies for the agency.
- Lead efforts to identify and mitigate property and liability risks.
- Review contracts for risk identification; review and approve insurance requirements, indemnification clauses, and hold harmless clauses on various THA leases, and contracts.
- Support development of and manage employee safety procedures and related policies (driving, safety training, cyber, construction site safety, contracts) for the agency
Safety and Health Management
- Manage the Accident and Illness Prevention Program and implement preventative training and/or corrective actions.
- Implement employee safety training program and develop job safety orientation onboarding guidelines for new employees.
- Develop, implement and oversee safety education, accident investigation and reporting, and worker safety training for supervisors and staff.
- Conduct monthly regular inspections and audits of work areas and practices to eliminate potentially hazardous conditions.
- Investigate accidents and injuries to determine cause and prepare prevention recommendations. Conduct systematic safety inspections to detect hazards and unsafe employment conditions.
- Organize and oversee THA’s safety committee.
- Chair the Emergency Preparedness Committee and work with agency and community partners on development, implementation, and management of emergency communications and notification systems for the properties.
- Coordinate emergency response and assistance for all THA’s properties.
- Identify and develop program specific training and education to staff and residents about emergency preparedness, mitigation, continuity, disaster response procedures and workplace violence prevention.
- Organize disaster drills and exercises to prepare staff for effective response to major emergencies and to test individual preparedness.
- Serve as a liaison to City’s Office of Emergency Management, EMS, Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department, and Tacoma Police Department.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in emergency management, public health, business or public administration, liberal arts or a related field.
- Five years of experience in risk management, occupational safety & health, or loss control; public entity risk management or safety & health experience.
- Emergency management planning experience preferred - mitigation, response, continuity of operations, recovery, and/or preparedness.
- Experience in a public housing agency is preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate of Risk Management (ARM), Certified Risk Manager (CRM), or an Associate in Claims (AIC) is desirable, but not required.
THA offers a superb benefits package. To learn more about this opportunity and to apply through our online application system, please click the link below:
THA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Posting Closes: Open untill filled