The Council of Large Public Housing Authorities is a national non-profit organization that works to preserve and improve public and affordable housing through advocacy, research, policy analysis, and public education.
CLPHA's 70 public housing agency members represent virtually every major metropolitan area in the country. Collectively they manage over 40 percent of the nation's public housing program; administer about one-quarter the Housing Choice Voucher program; and operate a wide array of other housing programs including the innovative Moving-to-Work (MTW) demonstration as well as the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD). CLPHA’s current priorities include recapitalizing the public housing portfolio, expanding Housing Choice Voucher opportunities and fostering cross-sector partnerships with the health and education sectors to improve life outcomes for low-income households.
This position is responsible for assisting and managing office and event activities at CLPHA and supporting all staff as a part of a small team. This is a 30 hour per week position. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
General office administration:
- Primary phone coverage, including screening calls
- Prepare and mail all USPS/UPS/FedEx packages and CLPHA mailings
- Sort and distribute mail
- Log incoming checks
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies
- Assist with accounts receivable, invoicing, annual membership dues collection, and other accounting functions as appropriate
- Book staff travel
- Other duties as assigned
- Oversee administrative aspects of conferences including registrations, cancellations, transfers, and invoices
- Responding to member inquiries about meetings via phone and email
- Printing of meeting handouts and name badges and assembly of meeting materials
Membership and content management:
- Manage various contact lists, and in-house reference materials
- Maintain CLPHA's electronic and physical files and archives
- Assist with website updates and content management in CiviCRM
Education & Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1-3 years of progressively responsible work experience.
The right candidate will have:
- Familiarity with office procedures and equipment
- The ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Customer service-oriented "can do" approach to work
- The ability to learn new systems and tasks quickly
- Comfort with computers and experience in Microsoft Office
- Superior organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving, people skills, and flexibility
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with membership or association management, event planning, and website management
- Knowledge of Publisher, Adobe InDesign or other publication software
- Knowledge of Drupal, CiviCRM, or other website management software
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2020. No phone calls, please.