The Policy Analyst will provide support for NYCHA’s Intergovernmental Relations Department, specifically the state policy and legislative work in support of the Authority. The Policy Analyst will be charged with working with elected officials, executive and state agencies, residents, and community partners in securing resources and effective policy solutions that further the Authority’s goals. The successful candidate will be familiar with housing policy and the state legislative process; able to understand and communicate complex information; skilled at and enjoy working collaboratively with internal and external partners; and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The responsibilities of the Legislative Officer include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Track and lead analysis on legislation and regulatory proposals.
2. Research housing policy issues in relation to state and federal proposals.
3. Respond to inquiries from state and federal offices.
4. Coordinate collection of information and data from multiple internal and external sources.
5. Plan and arrange logistics for meetings and events.
6. Represent NYCHA positively to key external partners.
7. Prepare memorandum, presentations, briefings, and written correspondence regarding time sensitive housing policy, NYCHA program, and politically sensitive issues.
Go to: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/
Policy Analyst, Office of Intergovernmental Relations
New York City Housing Authority
Job ID: 411813