The Housing Authority of the City and County of Denver (DHA) is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. As one of the largest landlords in the State of Colorado, DHA’s mission is to serve the residents of Denver by developing, owning, and operating safe, decent and affordable housing in a manner that promotes thriving communities.
Under the direct supervision of Agency Counsel, this position provides administrative support for the Legal Department. Areas of responsibility include typing, filing and file maintenance, answering and directing phone calls, preparing correspondence, and coordinating mail. Duties involve highly confidential and sensitive information and dealing with a diverse group of external clients and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Also, carries out duties necessary for the efficient provision of legal services by the department.
- Sick leave is accrued at 6 hours per month.
- Annual leave (vacation) for new employees is accrued at 8 hours per month.
- 11 paid holidays per year with an optional paid day off.
- Health insurance, dental plan, vision insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance and 125 Plan.
- Group life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance.
- 401(a) pension plan (Employer contribution equal to 10% of the annual salary)
- 457 pension plan and the ROTH IRA are employee paid options.
- Performance based merit increases and annual adjustments are given depending upon current policy.
Minimum Qualifications at the Time of Application
- Associate Degree or equivalent certification.
- Valid Colorado driver license and good driving record must be maintained in accordance with personnel policy.
- Three (3) years’ clerical experience, with at least one (1) year working in the legal profession as a secretary or paralegal.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Submit a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Submit a resume of all educational and professional experience.
You may submit your credentials in one of the following ways:
- in person between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at 777 Grant Street 2nd Floor or
- by faxing to (720) 932-3005 or emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form as well as more information about this position and DHA can be found on our website: www.denverhousing.org.
Equal Opportunity: Denver Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.