Under limited supervision of the Executive Director, perform a variety of highly responsible, confidential and complex administrative duties in support of the Executive Director and the MDHA Board of Commissioners; coordinate and oversee a variety of technical and office administrative duties in support of the Executive Office operations and the agency’s program and services.
MDHA offers competitive salaries and an amazing retirement program.
Our Mission is to create affordable housing opportunities, support neighborhoods, strengthen communities and help build a greater Nashville.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSES:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or public administration or a related field plus five (5) years of executive level administrative support experience working with Chief Executive Officers and/or Board of Commissioners. Preference will be given to candidate with governmental administrative experience.
Candidates with accreditation earned in foreign institutes are encouraged to apply
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the preparation of reports and correspondence for the Executive Director; organizes and maintains office files, filing systems and document retention;
- independently assembles data, creates reports, letters, memoranda, spreadsheets and charts; review for clarity and agency conformity and suggest/making corrections to drafts;
- receives and screens communications to the Executive Director and Commissioners including telephone calls, email messages, and provides assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention, prioritizes and facilitates communications from department heads, local, state and federal departments and elected officials; reviews and evaluates mail to identify those items requiring priority attention of the Executive director;
- receives, composes and reviews correspondence and communication for signature of the Executive Director;
- transmits instructions, assignments, and decisions of the Executive Director to department heads and other agency staff; provides follow up and status reports on assignments to the Executive Director;
- maintains appointments and coordinates the scheduling of meetings for the Executive Director and Commissioners, arranges and confirms meetings and coordinate functions;
- makes travel arrangements for the Executive Director and Commissioners;
- schedules and prepares agendas and summaries for regular and committee meetings of the Board of Commissioners;
- attends Board meetings, and takes official minutes of the board and committee meetings; prepare minutes and notices, prepares documents for recording, prepares public hearings notices and maintain board files and records;
- plans, organize, directs, and evaluate the performance of staff, establishes performance and monitor performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development;
- performs required administrative support to MDHA subsidiary, instrumentalities and affiliate corporations.
- performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level administrative skills with ability to independently organize work,
- coordinate projects, set priorities, and follow up on assignments;
- ability to multi-task; set priorities and exercise sound judgment while analyzing difficult and sensitive problems and situations;
- ability to prepare clear, accurate and concise correspondence, records, reports and other documents;
- ability to handle significant administrative detail for the Executive Director and Board of Commissioners;
- ability to completely respect the highly confidential nature of the Executive Office;
- knowledge of the structure and operations of the agency, local, state and federal governments; including redirecting them to the appropriate staff for their issues, ability to defuse animated public callers, ability to maintain proper liaison with the Board of Commissioners;
- exemplary customer satisfaction skills including dealing effectively with the public, government and elected officials; advanced knowledge of Microsoft office;
- willingness and mental and physical ability to perform the duties involved in this classification;
- Ability to perform work with or without an accommodation that requires sitting, standing, and walking, dexterity of hands and clarity of vision, speech and hearing and powers of observation; other physical duties as required.
Personal computer and related office equipment
Executive Office support staff
Valid Tennessee driver’s license
THE METROPOLITAN DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND HIRES REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, RELIGION, AND DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS.
Apply at www.Nashville-MDHA.org. Upon reviewing all applications submitted for job openings, the Human Resources Office will notify those applicants who are selected for personal interviews. Applicants selected for a position must successfully pass a pre-hire physical examination and drug screen in order to be hired. MDHA is certified by the State of Tennessee as a Drug-Free Workplace