Top 5 Must Haves for the Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years of leadership experience in business, public or social service administration, R/E development; preferably in a HUD or Housing Authority role.
- Strong financial acumen with Housing Authority accounting and finance experience.
- Have a strong history as a successful leader in housing management with significant experience working with Housing Choice Voucher Programs or administering housing and community development programs.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration or related field; preferably a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Have a State of Georgia driver’s license; able to be covered under the Housing Authority’s fidelity bond and be insured by the Agency’s vehicle insurance carrier.
Our client is a public housing agency created almost 50 years ago that address the need for affordable housing of low-to-moderate incomes. They have become a source for affordable housing options and programs within the community and promote economic development, sustained livability and self-sufficiency and enhancing the lives of its citizens. They also participate in Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), Public Housing, Homeownership Voucher, and Section 8 Project-Based Voucher (PBV) programs. The Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides the primary source of Public Housing Assistance (PHA) policy through federal regulations to the HAFC.
- Oversee planning, organization, coordinating and direction of all programs of the Authority.
- Communicate with all the Commissioners on current situations, updates, consulting, data, recommendations, etc.
- Maintain close relationships with representatives of local, state and federal agencies and HUD officials in the regional office.
- Handle financial bond payments, annual budget, financial records, etc.
- Performs duties of the Secretary/Treasurer of the Board of Commissioners and serve as the contracting officer for the Authority
- Delegate the maintenance of all personnel files and records which include approval, hiring and administering the disciplinary process, employee classification, pay and benefits plans, etc.
- Engage with advisory committee, professional organizations and community meetings and consult with individuals or agencies to sponsor legislations and with Authority’s Legal Counsel.
- Directs the handling of all grievances involving residents or employees.
This role is located in unincorporated Atlanta, Georgia. A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate, along with full healthcare benefits.
*To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Kaitty Esver at firstname.lastname@example.org. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.