Position: Deputy Director
Type: Full Time
Location: 1840 University Blvd. SE
The largest housing authority in the State of New Mexico is looking for a strong leader with excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills who enjoys making a difference, inspiring and motivating managers and staff while fostering a healthy and productive work environment.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR FOR THE ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
Compensation: $66,229.21 - $94,430.30
Closing Date/Time: This position is considered open until filled with the first review of resumes on Fri., 06/21/2019 11:59 PM Mountain Time
POSITION FUNCTION SUMMARY:
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Deputy Director plans, directs, manages and oversees the activities and operations of the Albuquerque Housing Authority; coordinates assigned activities with other divisions, departments and outside agencies and provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Executive Director.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social sciences, business, public administration, operations management or related field
- Eight (8) years experience in professional managerial business operations
- Five (5) years direct supervisory experience in a management and/or administrative capacity
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in social sciences, business, public administration, operations management or related field
- In lieu of Bachelor’s degree twelve (12) years of experience to include five (5) years direct supervisory experience in a management and/or administrative capacity
- Master’s degree with six (6) years of experience to include five (5) years direct supervisory experience in a management and/or administrative capacity.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures and technical manuals. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from vendors, contractors, supervisors, co-workers, and city/county agencies.
Certification, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must have and maintain a current, valid New Mexico driver’s license, must have and maintain an Albuquerque Housing Authority-insurable driving record.
- If employee chooses to use their personal vehicle for Albuquerque Housing Authority business they must have current liability insurance meeting or exceeding State-required minimum coverages and provide proof upon request.
We offer competitive compensation and very attractive fringe benefits including medical (including gym membership), dental, vision, 10 paid holidays, paid leave, PERA pension, free basic life insurance, volunteer life, paid STD and LTD, 457 and an employee assistance program.
AHA strives to maintain a drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, AHA adheres to the Drug-free Workplace Act of 1988 and, accordingly, AHA conducts pre-employment drug screening as well as drug testing of employees in cases of reasonable suspicion.
***RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF APPLICATION***
Apply at http://www.abqha.org/careers.aspx
**RESUMES NOT ACCEPTED IN LIEU OF APPLICATION**
Competitive salary & benefits. EEOE & Drug-Free Workplace.