TITLE Supervisor, System Components
DEPARTMENT Programs Department, Performance Management
SALARY Commensurate with experience
Classification Standards: Under the leadership of the Manager, this position is responsible for daily operations of the team.
Core Competencies: Leadership; Staff Supervision and Development; Project Planning; Community Planning; Communication; Contract Management; Performance Based Assessments, and broad-based understanding of the three coordinated entry systems in LA, including the need for their integration.
Essential Job Functions:
· Supervises program staff; schedules and directs work, performs orientation, training, and quality assurance activities, recommends personnel actions such as selection and evaluation
· Participate in the design of housing, RFPs, and the evaluation of proposals submitted for funding.
· Must be creative and flexible in developing approaches to problem solving.
· Work as a leader of a team with a collaborative, straightforward
· Work with other LAHSA departments to coordinate outcomes, budget reporting, monitoring and file review.
· Work with internal and external sources to develop Statements of Work, identify strengths and gaps, and design, implement, and track performance improvement plans.
· Provide support and reports to LAHSA’s governing bodies, and perform other projects as needed.
· Responsible for monitoring and achievement of all contractual requirements and performance indicators.
· Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to Policy, Business, or Social Welfare
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Leadership capacity
· At least two years of experience in the provision or oversight of homeless program direct services is required. The successful candidate is required to have strong knowledge of the social services field and/or successful management and implementation of homeless programs in the non?profit, government, or private sector.
Desired Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
· Lead teams through change and growth
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other computer systems.
· Excellent organization, analytical, written and oral communication skills,
· Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, while exercising sound judgment.
· A critical thinker, with a high level of initiation, motivation and enthusiasm.
· Must be a confident self-starter who can develop effective business relationships, both internally & externally.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency, responsiveness, and attention to detail.
· Skill in communication, including public presentations.
· Prepare periodic reports for executive management, as necessary or requested, to track accomplishment of strategic goals and evaluate work performed.
· Participate in management and organizational meetings.
· A valid Driver’s License is required.
To Apply: Mail, Fax or Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Attn: Keshia Douglas, Director of HR & Administration
811 Wilshire Blvd., 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017