About King County Housing Authority
King County Housing Authority (KCHA), an independent municipal organization is a high performing nationally recognized leader in affordable housing. KCHA is a national leader in providing innovative and effective housing solutions so that people and communities can prosper. Our vision is that all residents of King County have quality affordable housing. KCHA is the largest housing provider in the county, and annually, the agency serves over 50,000 low-income individuals.
We transform lives through housing.
The Finance Department provides vital services to internal employees, program participants, outside investors, and a wide array of other stakeholders.
The Financial Planning and Analysis team adds value to the Authority by providing leadership with essential budgeting knowledge and experience endeavored to support strategic operating decisions.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an important member of the finance team. The position will be responsible for budgeting and financial analysis as well as reporting. The incumbent will participate in all financial planning activities of the agency and will work closely with different department leaders to provide consultative analysis and reporting. They will also contribute to process improvement efforts and other key initiatives in support of KCHA's mission.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst are:
- Contribute to the development of the annual operating and capital budgets and midyear financial re-forecast
- Carry out complex analytical projects which guide management decision making
- Assess feasibility of proposed plans and projects
- Monitor and maintain budget data in the ERP software
- Review, analyze and recommend improvements for budget procedures for each department
- Prepare monthly financial reporting
- Support annual audit process
- Prepare recurring journal entries and provide support to the accounting function
Click here to view the Senior Financial Analyst Recruitment Brochure.
Our ideal candidate will be an intelligent, organized and driven individual who is looking for an opportunity to be challenged and make a difference. The candidate will possess strong analytical skills and will work well in a team environment. They will be looking for creative ways to improve current processes and providing in-depth and meaningful analyses to support organizational initiatives and objectives.
The successful candidate will be considerate and even-tempered, bringing energy and enthusiasm to the position. The candidate should be comfortable working in a diverse work environment and community, have a commitment to helping low and moderate income families and bring an unquestioned integrity to the position.
Experience & Education
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field
- At least three years of professional experience in a position-related discipline such as accounting, finance, budgeting or financial planning and analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Experience providing top-notch consulting services to internal or external clients is highly preferred
- Experience working in a public agency is preferred
- CPA license is preferred
- Consent to and pass credit and criminal records background check.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must:
- Complete the online application profile in its entirety.
- Upload a cover letter that addresses how your experience and education qualifies you to perform the essential functions listed in the job announcement. (Cover Letter)
- Upload a detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience. (Résumé)
Salary & Benefits:
The starting salary range of this position is $61,324.34 - $71,672.83 annually. A comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life and long-term disability insurance plans, vacation, sick and personal leave, reduced tuition, and retirement benefits are also available.
Physical Work Environment:
Incumbent(s) must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with travel between work sites. The incumbent frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, telephone and related equipment and may drive a vehicle on Authority business
King County Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.