The Housing Authority of the City of Annapolis (HACA), an organization in the affordable housing industry, is seeking a results-driven individual to serve as Manager of Special Projects. The individual will provide a full range of project management and support activities to the Executive Director. The individual will also oversee and perform technical and analytical work for the Executive Department.
The ideal candidate will use project management strategies to implement initiatives throughout the Authority.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and skills:
· Knowledge of information management skills required to distill the considerable volume of information submitted to the Executive down to the Authority departments
· Knowledge of strategic planning processes and best practices
· Ability to plan, prioritize, lead, and manage multiple projects and implement process improvement opportunities consistent with the Authority’s strategic plan
· Ability to analyze, evaluate and implement financial and/or budgetary procedures for effectiveness and efficiency
· Ability to maintain composure and tactfully handle difficult situations and interpret questions correctly; ability to behave in a friendly, understanding, helpful, and professional manner with clients/customers, coworkers, supervisors, and the general public
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in process analysis and project management. Master’s degree preferred. Preference will be given to persons with local experience, demonstrated ties to the Annapolis affordable housing or public housing communities.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Equal Housing Opportunities
Location: Annapolis, MD. Only local travel may be required.
Organization: Housing Authority of the City of Annapolis (http://www.hacamd.org/)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Comprehensive benefits package included.
To apply: Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “HACA Manager of Special Projects” in the subject line. Please do not contact HACA directly.