TITLE Manager, Family CES
DEPARTMENT Policy & Systems
SALARY Commensurate with experience
Classification Standards: Under the leadership of the Associate Director, the position will manage the Los Angeles Family Coordinated Entry Systems. This position will lead stakeholders, program funders, agency staff and community organizations in creating a coordinated system of integrated care for homeless families. The Manager will plan, develop, implement and oversee the development and operation of the Family Coordinated Entry System in LA County.
Core Competencies: Leadership; Staff Supervision and Development; Project Planning; Community Planning; Communication and broad-based understanding of the three coordinated entry systems in LA, including the need for their integration.
Essential Job Functions:
· Directly supervise specifically focused on supporting the functions of the CES.
· Provide effective and inspiring strategic leadership by being actively involved in the implementation and ongoing management
· Represent LAHSA with key external constituency groups, including community collaborations, other governmental agencies, and private organizations to enhance services integration for homeless populations.
· Lead ongoing meetings of collaborative partners to promote regular ongoing opportunities for all sub-recipients to give feedback, improve processes and leverage resources.
· Evaluate programs for effectiveness and efficiency and implement programmatic change when necessary to achieve performance targets.
· Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the system by identifying gaps and barriers in the system of care for homeless families and by focusing on system/process improvement and impact measurement.
· Facilitate the cross-training of system partners on HEARTH and other funder regulations and eligibility for different types of services appropriate for the population.
· Bachelors’ degree in fields related to Policy, Public Administration, Business, or Social Welfare
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Leadership capacity as a supervisor, manager or director
· Minimum of 3 years of experience as a program coordinator, community organizer, or related professional experience where skill sets developed include managing large scale projects, setting and maintaining work plans and timelines, working with multiple stakeholders and setting and reaching project goals non?profit, government, or private sector.
· In-depth knowledge of homeless populations, systems and programs, including federal policy and program guidelines for CES
· Knowledge of complex, public systems of care for homeless populations, including mainstream resources.
· Knowledge of relevant research on homelessness and evidence based practices for homeless systems and interventions.
Desired Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
· Lead large and small teams through change and growth
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other computer systems.
· Excellent organization, analytical, written and oral communication skills,
· Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, while exercising sound judgment.
· A critical thinker, with a high level of initiation, motivation and enthusiasm.
· Must be a confident self-starter who can develop effective business relationships, both internally & externally.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency, responsiveness, and attention to detail.
· Skill in communication, including public presentations.
· Prepare periodic reports for executive management, as necessary or requested, to track accomplishment of strategic goals and evaluate work performed.
· Participate in management and organizational meetings.
· A valid Driver’s License is required.
To Apply: Mail, Fax or Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Attn: Keshia Douglas, Director of HR & Administration
811 Wilshire Blvd., 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017