LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION: Assistant Deputy Director
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director
SUMMARY: The Assistant Deputy Director provides leadership, day-to-day oversight and direction to one or more operational departments. The Assistant Deputy Director supports, and in the absence of the Deputy Director, is responsible for planning, development, implementation and monitoring of the assigned Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program. The incumbent is responsible for interpreting federal, state, and local regulations regarding the implementation of programs, and makes policy recommendations to ensure overall compliance. Additionally, through outstanding leadership, the incumbent works toward meeting department and company performance standards and goals.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Operates under the direct, general supervision of the Deputy Director; the Manager exercises supervision over 8-12 employees directly and 70-90 employees indirectly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor production, quality control, and data integrity of transactions completed by teams
- Ensure teams meet and/or exceed NMA performance standards
- Ensure each team’s compliance with the PHA’s Administrative Plan, Standard Operating Procedures and HUD regulations
- Determine team staffing and training needs; Coordinate and provide appropriate recruiting, training, coaching and leadership
- Ensure timely completion of performance plans, evaluations and disciplinary actions by Supervisors
- Monitor and approve direct staff time sheets
- Ensure teams provide professional and comprehensive customer service to internal and external customers
- Evaluate procedures and processes and provide recommendations for program excellence and performance improvements
- Fosters a culture of customer service excellence
- Promote open communication among teams, departments and divisions
- Provide excellent customer service to participants, owners, co-workers, clients and vendors when required with escalated cases
- Department and Division Strategic Planning
- Budget development, implementation monitoring
- Obtain certification in Housing Choice Voucher Specialist and Executive Management within 120 days of employment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education equivalent to a four-year degree from a regionally accredited institution in Public Administration, Social Science or a closely related field (Master’s Degree preferred). A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience, with three years of managerial experience, for a public agency, or related experience in the social service or community service field.
Ability to interpret and implement regulations pertaining to the program. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; must possess strong computer and organizational skills required to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
PHM and HCVEM certifications must be obtained within 120 of employment.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with others
- Integrity: Acts in fair and ethical manner towards others
- Leadership: Aligns personal work goals and actions
- Quality: Meets quality standards set by organization
- Trust: Provides added value
- Analytical Thinking: Applies broad analysis
- Attention to Detail: Identifies obscure details that are important within a context of distracting information
- Continuous Learning: Expands own skill set for current job
- Fostering Communication: Communicates strategically
- Managing Project Execution: Advanced: Demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability, and can apply the competency in new or complex situations. Guides other professionals.
- Problem Solving: Solves complex problems
- Service Management Processes: Intermediate: Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability, and can apply the competency, with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Would require guidance to handle novel or more complex situations.
- Team Leadership: Inspires team members
Apply online at https://nanmckay.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/54695e29-b981-e1c6-3b5d-96798c45e2e0/apply?source=771095-CS-30366