MINIMUM SALARY: NEGOTIABLE
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
SECTION: SECTION 3 COMPLIANCE
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 a.m.– 4:40 p.m.
BARGAINING UNIT: EXEMPT
POSTING DATE: May 18, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until position is filled
1627 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45214
SCOPE: This position is responsible for monitoring and assisting in maintaining compliance with Cincinnati Metropolitan Housing Authority’s (CMHA) and The Department of Housing and Urban Development’ (HUD) regulatory requirements. This would include, but not be necessarily limited to, Section 3 and Minority and Women Based Enterprises (WBE/MBE) Economic Opportunity Programs and related policies. The position will assist CMHA departments in adhering to HUD regulated guidelines and numerical goals as they pertain to these regulatory programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include, but are not limited to:
· Assist in developing and maintaining all Section 3 and MBE/WBE plans, policies and procedures (Section 3 plans and subsequent revisions, reports, HUD updates, etc.) Keep abreast of changes in Section 3 and MBE/WBE regulations and policies, and ensure that appropriate steps are taken to notify appropriate individuals and entities, both internally and externally.
· Provide ongoing training and support to CMHA staff regarding WBE/MBE and Section 3 procedures.
· Maintain a Section 3 grievance procedure including documentation of all meetings, discussions and actions.
· Assist with agency compliance in regard to all aspects of Section 3 and WBE/MBE goals, targets and reporting for CMHA and HUD.
· Review and evaluate documents submitted to verify status as qualified Section 3, MBE/WBE vendors and when appropriate, issue official notification to vendors of qualifying status as a Section 3, MBE/WBE for purpose of contract and sub-contract awards.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive outreach program to increase the number of Section 3 participants and MBE/WBE certified vendors and to educate Section 3, MBE/WBE companies on business opportunities available with CMHA.
· Conduct outreach, presentations and trainings to community partners, businesses and other parties.
· Seek opportunities to collaborate with external community organizations in discovering Section 3 eligible applicants and businesses. Work with potential Section 3, MBE/WBE vendors to assist with the completion of necessary certifying documents, train newly-certified vendors on appropriate completion of all required bid forms, etc.
· Work with local government agencies to coordinate Section 3, WBE/MBE certification processes and opportunities.
· Work collaboratively with Resident/Community Services in support to gain employment of CMHA residents.
· Serve as the liaison for Section 3 with HUD’s Section 3 Economic Opportunity Division and a daily resource to CMHA staff and community stakeholders regarding Section 3 and MBE/WBE issues.
· Organize events to promote the programs, employment, trainings and apprenticeships.
· Provide quarterly Section 3 and MBE/WBE Compliance updates to the Contract Compliance Administrator and departmental heads quarterly.
· Collect and evaluate paperwork associated with Section 3, MBE/WBE and Davis Bacon requirements.
· Conduct on-site interviews as necessary for compliance
· Evaluate submitted payrolls for correctness and adherence to requirements.
· Prepare and distributes Section 3 related communication to internal staff and external community stakeholder’s.
· Review all major awards of contracts, including modernization, Blanket Purchase Order Agreements and miscellaneous awards.
· Regularly review and update as necessary SOP’s, Economic Inclusion Policy and forms, etc.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each competency satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ability to work successfully with diverse groups and interests;
· Extensive ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal communications;
· Ability to evaluate data and maintain records;
· Knowledge of and experience in construction administration;
· Working knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and CMHA’s procurement policies and procedures and other applicable, local, state, and federal laws and regulations as it pertains to Section 3 and MBE/WBE programs; and
· Demonstrated proficiency in computerized business applications software such as Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Power Point, products to produce correspondence, reports, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field; and minimum of two (2) years of related contract compliance work experience comparable to the duties as described above;
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in program development, implementation and management;
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to maintain a stationary position, operate computers and other office equipment, move about the office, attend onsite and offsite meetings, and communicate. The employee must be able to sit or stand for eight hours while performing essential work duties. The employee must be able to accurately exchange information in person, in writing and via e-mail and telephone. The employee must be able to perform essential job functions in an environment that could have increased stress levels.
OTHER: The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in state of residence and maintain an insurable driving record under the terms and conditions of the CMHA auto liability policy. The incumbent may have no more than 4 accumulated points in 3 consecutive years.
Note: As a condition of employment at CMHA, you must agree to and pass a drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle check.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Equal Housing Opportunities