Location: Downtown, Los Angeles
Terms: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
COORDINATOR, TRANSITIONAL HOUSING – SYSTEMS COMPONENTS
Under direction of the Manager of System Components, the Transitional Housing (TH) Coordinator will provide guidance, technical assistance and programmatic support to agencies in the community, ensuring that all Los Angeles Continuum of Care (CoC) funded TH programs are being administered effectively, efficiently and ethically. Working within the System Components Unit, the TH Coordinator identifies and addresses program gaps and needs, and works to align system goals, opportunities, resources, and addresses barriers to program and systems-level success. The TH Coordinator will collect and synthesize data from the performance management unit to target data informed guidance and technical assistance.
· Work with interdepartmental staff to assess the TH program, prioritize areas of technical assistance needed and identify resources for agency support.
· Enhance service delivery through the provision of targeted technical assistance and guidance to agencies.
· Support the development and implementation of tools that will assist agencies to better track and provide services to program participants. This will include guidance and training on developed new tools/forms.
· Coordinate and facilitate a learning community platform that will identify challenges and share best practices.
· Assist in the development of the Transitional Housing program guide and the Scope of Required Services that will provide a deeper understanding of the program, essential core components and any funding regulations.
· Develop working relationships with various stakeholders, community partners, domestic violence providers and City/County departments.
· Works in collaboration with other departments to ensure accurate and effective monitoring of programs, data collection, contracts implementation, and outcomes
· Create, review and track performance improvement plans; coordinate with other departments to ensure issues and concerns that are raised are properly addressed.
· Coordinate, facilitate, train, and support housing location providers in interpretation and implementation of LAHSA, ESG, CoC, any/all other funder-mandated guidance/policy and procedure into their programming and service delivery.
· Coordinate, facilitate, train, and support housing location providers in post-award activities, in conjunction with the systems components team, such as: new contract onboarding, new program kick-off, in understanding and programming Scopes of Required Services by providing resources, best practices, and Technical Assistance to providers to ensure contracting and programming requirements are met.
· Work with agencies to resolve Monitoring findings, concerns, and grievances, as well as to improve provider programming and compliance measures to minimize/reduce findings, concerns and grievances.
Research and Analytics:
· Work collaboratively with the Policy and Systems department to review, analyze, and stay abreast of emerging best practices for homeless services and regulations for public funding streams. Disseminate identified practices along with implementation support to funded agencies.
· Synthesize data received from the Performance Management Unit to contextualize performance guidance that is being created by the Systems Component Unit.
· Create and conduct surveys, collect survey results data, monitor and evaluate survey progress and performance and prepare summaries of analysis and recommendations.
· Analyze trends within the TH program data to be able to tell a comprehensive story of what is occurring within the TH portfolio.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Familiarity with the Coordinated Entry System strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with the Housing First philosophy.
· Ability to establish excellent relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations that are diverse in mission, composition, function, capacity and geographic location.
· Experience with program development, management and implementation preferred.
· Demonstrated experience gathering, analyzing, and presenting data.
· Self-motivated to produce quality results, learn concepts and skills necessary to work towards a goal. Ability to learn and adapt to change, and ability to think critically and strategically.
· Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
· Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities within a multi?disciplinary team environment.
· Sets a high standard for personal and team performance with a focus on results.
· The successful candidate will be a collaborative problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic and design thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree, masters preferred, in fields related to Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration or another similar field.
· Two years of experience in the provision or oversight of services relevant to this position is required.
· Four years of experience in the provision or oversight of homeless program direct services is preferred.
· Knowledge of provider community and awareness of the unique social geography and built environment of Los Angeles County.
Other Desired Skills and Requirements:
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of tools
· Experience with providing large scale training and presentations
· Experience with Design Thinking
· A valid Driver’s License is required.
To apply mail, fax or email cover letter and resume to:
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Attn: Keshia Douglas, Director of HR & Administration
811 Wilshire Boulevard, 6th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017