Location: Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority – Los Angeles, CA
Terms: Full-time position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Department: Policy & Systems
Coordinator, Interim Housing System
Under direction of the Manager, CES Access, and in integral partnership with other members of key LAHSA Departments, the Interim Housing System Coordinator (Coordinator) provides leadership and support to providers and partners in order to support the integration, improvement, coordination of interim housing in Los Angeles County. The Coordinator will work to identify system and program gaps and needs, and to provide programmatic and process improvement as well as greater system efficiencies. The Coordinator represents LAHSA and its investment in CES to the community and is an advocate for coordination.
Essential Job Functions
· Provide systemwide coordination of interim housing. This includes interim housing funded by LAHSA, the Department of Health Services, the Department of Mental Health, and Substance Abuse Prevention and Control.
· Support integration of interim housing into the Coordinated Entry System.
· Support the creation of consistent and transparent Coordinated Entry System processes.
· Streamline access, creating clear processes for referrals and/or matches of interim beds.
· Work with Systems Division and Performance Management Division to coordinate program improvement and system changes.
· Support efforts to cite locations for new interim housing, including working with prospective motels and/or sites identified by city or county.
· Work with Systems Components to integrate specialty beds such as those funded by B7 or DPSS.
· Help to create and implement systems for access, including any bed availability applications or bed reservation systems.
· Work with providers as well as city/county agencies in each SPA to identify programmatic challenges and/or gaps in services and strategize solutions. Highlight and disseminate best practices countywide.
· Support the coordination of resources and partners in the interim housing system.
· Prepare periodic qualitative and quantitative reports, as necessary or requested, to track accomplishment of strategic goals and evaluate work performed. Apply technical assistance as necessary and make changes for improved system efficiencies.
· Provide system leadership with an eye towards system integration.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of complex, public systems of care for homeless populations, including mainstream resources.
· Knowledge of relevant research on homelessness and evidence based practices for homeless systems and interventions.
· Deep knowledge of the Coordinated Entry System.
· Experience with systems change including policy development and implementation.
· Ability to establish effective relationships and work cooperatively with individuals, groups and organizations diverse in mission, composition, function, capacity and geographic location.
· Ability to effectively facilitate productive discussion among diverse stakeholder groups
· Ability to quickly grasp concepts and apply them to solve complex social problems.
· Ability to articulate and strategically pursue new ideas to improve homeless systems.
· Ability to think critically and pay attention to detail.
· Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills. Ability to communicate and present clearly and simply.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize deliverable. Responsive to deadlines. Ability to adapt rapidly in response to changing information or needs.
· Demonstrated organizational skills and proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities within a multi?disciplinary team environment.
· Sets a high standard for personal and team performance with a focus on results.
· The successful candidate will be collaborative and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Training & Experience
· Bachelors’ degree in fields related to Policy, Public Administration, Business, or Social Welfare. Advance degree desirable.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience as a program coordinator, community organizer, or related professional experience where skill sets developed include managing multiple large-scale projects, setting and maintaining work plans and timelines, working with multiple stakeholders and setting and reaching project goals non?profit, government, or private sector.
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, HMIS and other computer systems.
· A valid Driver’s License is required.
Mail, Fax or Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Attn: Keshia Douglas, Director of HR & Administration
811 Wilshire Blvd., 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017