Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Terms: Full-time position
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Chief Financial Officer
Classification Standards: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the CFO serves as LAHSA’s Treasurer and Auditor-Controller, and is responsible for overseeing all fiscal activities and maintaining the overall integrity of fiscal data. With a staff of approximately 360+ and an annual budget of approximately $243,000,000, this person directs all the internal fiscal operations of a complex governmental and multiple grants accounting system. The CFO also provides monthly financial reports to the LAHSA Commission.
Minimum Qualifications: The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where coordination and collaboration are critical to success. The candidate will have the ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures; communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, orally and in writing; evaluate information against a set of standards; and observe and evaluate the outcomes of a problem solution to identify lessons learned or redirect efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Nurture relationships with members (elected officials) and staff of the City and County of Los Angeles, State Legislature, Congress, state, and federal agencies in support of LAHSA priorities.
· Manage request for data, information, and other requests from elected official offices, government agencies and other stakeholders.
· Fund accounting and fiscal grants management of federal funds
· 2 CFR Part 200 and general ledger management and maintenance.
· Team-based project management.
· Homeless funding regulations, requirements and procedures, including HUD Continuum of Care, Emergency Solutions Grants and Community Development Block Grants.
· Intermediate and advanced level of computer software programs specifically, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook) and the internet.
· Build successful, collaborative relationships at all levels of LAHSA, as well as with contractors and other stakeholders.
· Work well in a team-based, project management oriented system.
· Serve as a team leader with a collaborative, straightforward approach to monitoring and compliance.
· Plan, organize and implement projects/tasks according to priority.
· Review documents for completeness, accuracy, authorization and regulatory and procedural compliance.
· Analyze compliance problems and recommend solutions.
· Work well under pressure to meet inflexible deadlines.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing using correct, standard rules of English.
· Write and present reports.
· Maintain accurate records and files.
· Work independently and exercise initiative and sound judgment.
Candidate must have minimum of at least five years of highly responsible professional governmental accounting and/or auditing experience, including two or more years of experience supervising accounting staff. Candidate must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office. Must have experience in fund accounting and fiscal grants management of federal funds, including a working understanding of 2CFR Part 200, fundamentals of the HUD Continuum of Care Program, Emergency Solutions Grant Programs, and general ledger management and maintenance. Must have experience with fund accounting software, preferably, Abilia Software (formally MIP). Candidates must have project management skills as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
Education Requirements Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree and twenty-one semester or thirty-two quarter units of accounting. CPA or MBA preferred.
Other Desired Skills and Requirements:
· Proficient in office software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
· Working knowledge of project management software (MS Project) and the Internet.
· A valid Driver’s License is required.
To apply mail, fax or email cover letter and resume to:
Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
Attn: Keshia Douglas, Director of Administration
811 Wilshire Blvd., 6th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
LAHSA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER